NOTIFICATION OF 4TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
To: All Members of the Cheerleading Association and Register of Malaysia (CHARM)
AGENDA AND MOTIONS FOR THE 4th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF CHARM
Please be informed that the 4th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of CHARM for the year 2011 will be held as follows:
Date: August 12, 2011 (Sunday)
Time: 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Venue: Skewers, Subang Avenue, SG-01, Subang Avenue Shopping Complex, Jalan Kemajuan Subang, Subang Jaya, Selangor
The agenda for the AGM is as follows:
1. Welcome address
2. Minutes of last AGM - To consider and, if approved, to adopt the Minutes of the 3rd Annual General Meeting held on July 25, 2010
3. Old business - To discuss matters arising therefrom
a. Deadline for all coaches to be certified – To be extended from 2012 to 2013
4. President's report and Association activities - To consider the President’s and Committees’ Reports of CHARM activities for the year 2010/2011
5. Treasurer's report - To consider and, if approved, to adopt the Audited Accounts of CHARM for the year ended December 31, 2010;
6. New business
To consider the following motions:
i. Amendments to the CHARM constitution
ARTICLE 4 – REGISTRATION FEES, SUBSCRIPTION AND OTHER PAYMENTS
5. Any (to delete - individual member), affiliated member or State Branch failing to pay up the relevant membership fees for two consecutive years shall automatically cease to be a member, affiliate or branch of the Association. Members of the branch so affected shall remain as members of the Association.
(To add) Any individual member failing to pay up the relevant membership fees by January 31, i.e. a month after the end of the calendar year, shall automatically cease to be a member of the Association or its branch.
ii. Addition to CHARM constitution
- To include a section on non-competitive and non-educational cheerleading events, including the requirement for permits and licenses – the new Article 24
- To include licensing for such events as an appendix in the constitution - the new Appendix IX
iii. Committee nominations for the following posts:
- One (1) Deputy Secretary – Following the resignation of Magdalene Thomas from her post
iv. Committee elections for above post
In accordance with Article 12-1 of the CHARM Constitution, the quorum for the AGM shall be at least one-quarter (¼) of the total membership of the Association or twenty (20) voting members (must be aged 18 years or older), whichever is the lesser. Members are urged to make every effort to attend the AGM so that issues affecting the sport may be effectively discussed by as many Members as possible.
We look forward to your presence and participation at the AGM.
Dated: July 12, 2011
Lim Cheng Choo
1. Members are kindly requested to make every effort to attend the meeting punctually to ensure a quorum of 20.
2. Registration table will open from 2.15pm.