Monday, August 10, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
If you're interested in earning some extra cash by performing in any of the following, do e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The details of the shows we have lined up are:
1. Aug 4 - A brief performance for a TV ad - sorry, no pay for this one, just the glamour of having your face shown over and over again on TV
2. Aug 7 - A gala dinner at PWTC, 7pm
3. Aug 15 - A performance for a big outdoor event in Petaling Jaya
4. Nov 15 - Evening performance in Bukit Jalil
Friday, July 24, 2009
Competition specific rules
1. This competition is open to S.O.X. members only. (If you're not members, you'll need to sign up.)
2. All teams must submit entry forms before the closing date (August 5, 2009) as stated in the entry forms. Submissions
received after the closing date will not be accepted.
3. Only the first 20 teams who submit their forms before the closing date will be eligible to compete.
4. Only a maximum of 3 teams from each school will be allowed.
5. Open to all-female teams or all-male teams in order to compete. No co-ed teams are allowed.
6. Team size is a minimum of 10 members to a maximum of 15 members.
7. Time for each routine is 2.5 minutes (30 seconds cheer portion in the beginning of routine, 2 minutes music routine).
8. All teams must be in full and proper uniform or costume during competition.
9. Scores are made up of 70% professional jury scores and 30% SMS votes.
10. Each team’s routine must include the following elements:
- One (1) style of dance (Jazz, Hip Hop, etc.)
- One (1) cheer dance
- One (1) creative S.O.X. cheer (compulsory)
- One (1) sideline chant
- Two (2) jumps in succession
* A 10-point penalty will be imposed if the team fails to perform any of the compulsory exercises.
12. Tumbling and jumps are allowed and will be scored accordingly. No marks will be given for stunts.
13. Teams may end their entire routine in a stunt but will only receive marks as part of the Overall
1st - RM5,000
2nd - RM3,000
3rd - RM2,000
Crowd Favourite - RM1,000
Best Costume - RM100 voucher per cheerleader
Technical questions can be directed to CHARM at email@example.com.
For registration and event-related questions, please call 03-7805 4598 or 0193620588 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the registration forms, log on to http://www.xpax.com.my/soxallstars/
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
1. Blitzerz (381.2)
2. Shirtliff (341.7)
3. Calyx (341.1)
4. Titans (339.0)
5. Dynamitez (333.4)
6. Pirates (325.6)
7. Vulcanz Boys (319.8)
8. Xavier (305.9)
9. Vulcanz Girls (289.1)
10. Stompers (286.3)
11. Vivacious (282.8)
12. Stunners Boys (270.1)
13. Stunners Girls (269.1)
14. Zodiac Boys (262.9)
15. Vibrant (259.4)
16. Zodiac Girls (245.1)
17. D*Starz (243.7)
18. Sellors (235.0)
19. Anchorz (233.4)
20. Falcons (232.5)
21. Cyrens (227.0)
22. Muriel (221.3)
23. Puppets (219.9)
24. Vixens (208.1)
25. Ember (202.6)
40. Mantinz Boys
41. Mantinz Girls
The following are the Day 2 rankings for Cheer 2009. Overall rankings to follow soon.
5. Vulcanz Boys
9. Vulcanz Girls
12. Stunners Boys
15. Zodiac Girls
17. Zodiac Boys
18. Stunners Girls
34. Mantinz Boys
37. Mantinz Girls
Saturday, July 4, 2009
7. Vulcanz Boys
9. Stunners Girls
10. Vulcanz Girls
13. Zodiac Boys
14. Stunners Boys
18. Zodiac Girls
40. Mantinz Boys
41. Mantinz Girls
PETALING JAYA (July 1, 2009) – The Cheerleading Association and Register of Malaysia (CHARM), the national governing body for cheerleading in the country, will be fielding a team of 18 cheerleaders in next week’s 2009 AUS Cheer International Cheer, Dance & Aerobic Championships.
The 2009 AUS Cheer International Cheer, Dance & Aerobic Championships will be held in Queensland, Australia from July 10 to July 12, 2009 and is organised by the Australian Cheerleading Union (ACU), the national body for cheerleading in Australia. The event is sanctioned by the International Cheer Union (ICU) and International Federation of Cheerleading (IFC).
Open auditions were held in early May where cheerleaders from CHARM’s training programme and from teams around the Klang Valley turned up to vie for a spot in the team. The team has been training regularly to master their grueling 2½ -minute routine that includes flipping pyramids and numerous stunts.
Team Malaysia will also be performing at The Star’s Cheer 2009 event at Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil this Sunday.
Cheerleading is a demanding sport that requires strength, flexibility, stamina training, discipline, creativity, teamwork and stamina, among other things. CHARM aims to further promote and advance the sport in the country by giving cheerleaders opportunities to learn new techniques and test their skills in workshops, camps and competitions, as well as the chance to compete in international events like AUS Cheer.
Supporting CHARM this around is Air Asia X, which has come in as a Gold sponsor, and Skin Food, which is a Silver sponsor.
According to Azran Osman-Rani, Chief Executive Officer of AirAsia X, “We're delighted to support CHARM who will fly the Malaysian flag high at this world championship. We are always keen to use sports, music and education as important branding pillars to engage with our passengers and promote the opportunity to fly to, and explore our many x-citing destinations all over the world.”
To date, CHARM has organised its own cheerleading championships, clinics and camps as well as participated in numerous other events. CHARM has the only certified coaches in the country, all of whom have world-recognised credentials, including those from the IFC, the National Cheerleading Spirit Safety and Education (NCSSE), and the American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators (AACCA) in the United States.
CHARM also has certified cheerleading judges, having recently conducted a judging course with the help of the ICU last week. Ten participants sat for the judging course which was held at CHARM’s premises on June 23 and 24, 2009.
About AirAsia X
AirAsia X, an associate of AirAsia with shareholders including the Virgin Group and AirAsia Berhad, is an award-winning low-cost long-haul airline launched in January 2007, and which commenced commercial services in November 2007. Having licensed its brand from AirAsia, AirAsia X's long-haul, low-cost business model is built on sustainable and continued delivery of everyday low fares. Currently it flies to Gold Coast, Melbourne, Perth in Australia and to Hangzhou (Shanghai) and Tianjin (Beijing) in China, Taipei (Taiwan), and London. AirAsia X aims to cover destinations which are more than four hours in flight duration from Kuala Lumpur, complementing the existing AirAsia network and offering daily point-to-point frequencies to popular destinations in Australia, North Asia, India, the Middle East and Europe. AirAsia X enhances the in-flight experience with a number of innovative services and comfortable seats new to the low-cost model. For more information, please log onto www.airasia.com
Beverley Hon, CHARM President - 019-313 6011, email@example.com
Tan Yee Ming, Team Malaysia captain - 012-207 9876
Thursday, March 12, 2009
The Cheerleading Association & Register of Malaysia (CHARM), the national governing body for cheerleading in Malaysia, aims to further promote and advance the sport in the country.
One of its key events, the CHARM Cheerleading Championships (C3), is back! The following are the details for C3 2009:
Venue: Cineleisure Mutiara Damansara
Date: March 22, 2009
Time: 10 am to 7pm
- Cheer Dance (Local)
- Group Stunt All-Girl (local)
- Group Stunt Co-Ed (local)
- Cheer Dance (International)
- Group Stunt All-Girl (International)
- Group Stunt Co-Ed (International)
- Beauty Soap & Scent
- The Body Shop
- Buena Vista Colubia TriStar Films
- Seventeen magazine